Friday, September 9, 2011

Ali Nazim, He was a friend indeed!

Abdulla Zahir

Ali Nazim was good-looking, well-built, enthusiastic and energetic person as  I know of him during the course of  10 months in Sri Lanka. Undoubtedly he was our leader, who had leadership skills and who always looked after everyone of us. He negotiated with the Maldivian embassy about our needs, arranged trips and most of all discussed with the hostel authorities several times about our meals.

He kept good relations with our lecturers for us, and he really was very responsible in all the duties he assumed and he cared about us. He visited twice to the hospital with me when I fell seriously ill which was something I would never forget.

The last time I met him was April of this year after a visit to Hiriyaa School, we both went for a coffee to a nearby restaurant. During the one hour meeting we discussed about the school, his success and some personal matters.

The news of the young man's death haunted me as it was so sudden and it brings me tears every time when I remember his heroic act in which he sacrificed himself.

 I could understand how he would react when he saw his students drowning and fighting for their lives. He surely would not have cared about his life and thats how it happened.

May Almighty Allah Bless your soul and Rest In Peace dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment